You’ll need to supply information about who you are, where you work, your finances and the property you are interested in buying or refinancing. The following list provides preliminary documentation in support of an application, however the lender may ask for further documentation.
Preliminary checklist of what you’ll need to gather:
- 100 Point ID (Passport 70 points, Birth Certificate 70 points, Drivers Licence 40 points. One only of the following type: credit cards 25 points, utility bill 25 points, rates notice 25 points).
- Last two consecutive computerised pay slips showing year-to-date income or a recent letter from your employer confirming commencement date and employment details
- Proof of other income (bonuses, commissions and average overtime pay, rental income or a rent appraisal, Centrelink payments and child support).
- If you are self employed, the last two years company tax returns, profit & loss and balance sheet and the last two years personal tax returns
- Proof of assets: bank statements, share statements, rates notices or copy of Title for properties owned
- Proof of liabilities: credit card statements showing credit limits, personal loans, car loans/leases/hire purchase contracts, guarantees to other loans, school fees, child support payments
- If self-employed, details of company loans, leases and overdrafts
- If you are purchasing a property, the front page of the Contract of Sale
- If you are refinancing a home loan, the last 12 months statements showing repayment history
- If you are self employed and don’t wish to provide proof of income, you will be required to complete a declaration of income and possibly an accountants letter.
- If you have any questions about the information required by lenders and to explain the process, please call me.